Caddo Lake is located on the Texas-Louisiana state line, northeast of Marshall in Harrison and Marion counties. The lake sprawls across 26, 800 acres. Caddo Lake was the only natural lake in Texas until it was artificially dammed in the early 1900s when oil was found and for flood control.
Humans have lived in this area of Texas for at least 12,000 years. Sometime in the late 18th or early 19th century, Caddo Indians settled on this rich land. Here the Caddo built ceremonial centers and maintained far-reaching trade routes.
Civilian Conservation Corps built the first structures of this park. Company 889 began the work, in June to November of 1933. Company 857 continued construction from October 1934 to March 1937. CCC workers converted 15 U.S. Army barracks and an Army mess hall into the nine log cabins and group recreation hall that we use today. Other facilities still in use include picnic sites, Park Road 2 and trails.
- Adult: $4 Daily
- Child 12 Years and Under: Free
Phone# (903) 679-3351
Read more about Caddo Lake State Park.