Chandler, Texas is located in northeastern Henderson County. Originally the area was inhabited by Caddo Indians. The area was settled in 1859 by Alphonso H. Chandler, and known as Stillwater. A post office was established in April 1873 and was named after Chandler in 1880. By 1890, Chandler had several essential businesses, and schools. By 1936, Chandler’s population had grown to over 600.