Corrigan, Texas is lcoated about 100 miles north of Houston in north central Polk County, and was named after Pat Corrigan in 1882, the conductor of the first train through the newly developed site. That same year, the Trinity and Sabine Railway was built through the town. Lumber companies greatly expanded their operations in the area, and in 1883, a post office was established. Timber was the main industry, but Corrigan also had bottling works, stone quarries, sand pits and cotton. When the timber industry was exhausted particle board plants arrived in Corrigan after WWII.