DIALVILLE, TEXAS

Dialville, Texas is located six miles northwest of Rusk in central Cherokee County.  The are was first settled in the late 1840s, but did not begin to grow until 1883, when John Dial established a store along the newly constructed Kansas and Gulf Short Line Railroad. Originally the community was known as Dial, but in 1885, a post office was established under the name Dialville because there was already a Dial, Texas. Both the post office and the store closed a year later in 1886. In 1897, the store and the post office were reopened, and in 1899, a school was established. Around 1900, the town was developed into a shipping point for tomatoes and peaches, as well as other produce. By 1915, the community’s population had grown to about 400, but by the 1920s the town began to decline,

WHERE TO EAT IN DIALVILLE