Frankston, Texas is located in northeastern Anderson County, and was founded in 1902, when the Texas and New Orleans Railroad was built through the area. The town and post office were originally named Ayers, but were renamed after Miss Frankie Miller, who donated land for the city park downtown. The railroad depot was the nerve center of old Frankston. Lumber and cotton were the town’s major economic engines. As the lumber industry declined, peach orchards and tomato fields sustained the local economy. During Frankston’s economic peak, Frankston had three hotels, several cafes, a basket factory, a Masonic hall, and a theater.