Frost Fest Event Schedule Update
PALESTINE- The City of Palestine, Anderson County and the Palestine Chamber of Commerce announced the following changes to the weekend events:
- Lighted Christmas Parade – rescheduled for Dec. 14 at 7 p.m.
- “Christmas at the Courthouse” – will be broken into two parts. The courthouse
- and tree will be lit, without a ceremony, on Dec. 6.
- Family activities, Cream and Coffee hot beverage kiosk, Santa and other fun has been rescheduled for Dec. 14 at 8 p.m.
- City Ice Skating Rink – open as weather permits
- Breakfast with Santa – no change
- Santa’s Workshop and Wonderland Depot – no change
- Ladies Day Out: A Main Street Experience – no change
- Frost Fest – activities have been divided over two weekends
- Frosty’s Family Flix “Arthur Christmas” – rescheduled to Dec. 6, location is now Farmers Market Pavilion
- Freeze Your Buns Fun Run – no change, race starts at 9 a.m.
- Hearth and Tinsel Historic Home Tours – no change, tours 3 – 6 p.m.
- Stained Glass Window tour downtown – no change 1-4 p.m.
- Snow Tubing Hill – rescheduled for Dec. 20
- Victorian Peddler Village & Entertainment – rescheduled for Dec. 21, 10
- a.m. – 3 p.m.
“The safety of the people coming to enjoy the parade and keeping those in the parade safe are our highest priorities,” said Robert Johnston, Anderson County Judge. “The volunteers have put tremendous time into making this a fun and safe holiday full of events, and we would rather reschedule than take a risk.”
A full schedule of holiday events is available at www.VisitPalestine.com.
For more information on Frost Fest activities contact the Palestine Chamber of Commerce (903) 729-6066.
For information on the Parade and Courthouse Christmas contact the Palestine Visitor Center (903) 723-3014.