Huntington, Texas is located approximately 10 miles east of Lufkin and 15 miles northwest of Zavalla in central Angelina County. The town was established in 1900, and received a post office the same year. The site was named for Southern Pacific board chairman, Collis P. Huntington. By 1903, the Beaumont to Dallas railroad line was built through the town. Huntington’s economic mainstays were lumbering and farming.