Mardi Gras in Jefferson
JEFFERSON- Celebrate Mardi Gras Texas style in the historic riverboat town of Jefferson, Texas. Jefferson’s first Mardi Gras celebration was in 1871, when Jefferson was a riverboat trading partner with New Orleans. Come celebrate the tradition this weekend, February 8th, 9th and 10th. A multitude of events are scheduled for the three day weekend including parades and music.
• Krewe of Hebe Doo Dah Parade [7:00 pm Feb. 8th] – Wild, wacky and zany parade where everyone is invited to dress in the craziest Mardi Gras costume and join in the parade. Revelers begin at Lion’s Park; and weave their way throughout downtown and arrive at the Main Stage for the Alley Dance. Doo Dah Theme: “Light Up the Night” – For more info contact: Betsy or Becca / 903-238-1145
• Krewe of Hebe Grand Parade [2:00 pm Feb. 9th]
Krewe of Hebe Children’s Parade [Noon Feb. 10th] – Join in the fun with Children’s Costume Contest, Ugly Dog Contest,
Pet Look Alike and Best Pet Costume Contest
Contact: Roger Opiela e-mail: email@example.com phone: 903-742-9800
Music on the Main Stage Downtown [$5.00 entry]-
• Nickel Beer Band [7:00 pm Feb. 8th] – Hailing from Shreveport/Bossier area, the band members come from different backgrounds. Playing all genres of music, they have a good time feeding off the crowds.
• Vince Vance & The Valiants [11:00 AM Feb. 9th] – For over 30 years, Vince Vance and the Valiants have been one of the most sought out party bands. Starting out in New Orleans in the 70s with a brand of stark punk music satire set in a 50s retro romantic tough street image, their fame grew as the foremost oldies band on the Gulf Coast.
• Billy Joe Shaver [3:00 pm Feb. 9th] – Billy Joe Shaver is truly one of the most respected living figures in American music. His songs have been cut by Elvis, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and many others. The American Music Association awarded him their Lifetime Achievement Award in Songwriting, and he was inducted into the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame.
• Kraig Parker’s Tribute to Elvis [ 7:00 pm Feb. 9th ] – Don’t miss the world’s greatest Elvis Tribute Showcase, starring internationally acclaimed performer Kraig Parker and The Royal Tribute Band and Orchestra. This high-energy, Las Vegas headline performance will set your heart on fire and leave you all shook up!
• The Night Hawk Band [Noon Feb. 10th] – Hailing from Hope, Arkansas, this band plays a variety of gospel, Cajun, progressive country to name a few.
Music at the Knightlight Theatre –
As part of their “2nd Annual Wine Tasting Celebration, Vineyards at Mardi Gras”, the Knightlight Theatre presents Elvis Tribute Artist, Josh Davis. Shows are 8:00 pm on Feb. 8th, 6:00 & 9:00 pm on Feb. 9th. Enjoy wine tastings from 7:00 to 10:00 pm on Feb. 8th and Noon to 10:00 pm on Feb. 9th. The show is $10.00 and the wine tasting is $5.00
We hope to see you in Jefferson this weekend celebrating Mardi Gras, Texas style!
For more info visit www.mardigrasupriver.com