Main Street announced on Tuesday the list of participating wineries and it is a full roster of wines.
“We have wineries from as far away as Abilene and as close as Palestine slated to be here. And their wines run the spectrum from traditional reds and whites to custom flavors,” said Laura Westgate, City of Palestine Communications and Main Street Manager.
When asked what is a Wine Swirl, Westgate answered, “It’s a cool concept! We invite regional wineries to set up in host businesses downtown. The winery makes it a ‘mini-tasting room’ and ticket holders can sample the wine while enjoying the ambience of each business. Our committee worked very hard on getting a wide assortment of wineries. There will definitely be something for everyone.”
A unique component for the Wine Swirl is to pair the wineries with local and specialty food providers. Ten diverse food businesses will work in partnership with the wineries and host businesses to provide food tastes. These tastes will showcase food that, at most locations, can be bought on the spot.
“The wine swirl is going to be one of the best events of the holiday season in Palestine. Our volunteers have put together a night full of special experiences,” continued Westgate, “We know everyone will have a great time at the 1st Annual Main Street Wine Swirl. We hope you find the perfect wine, the perfect gift and make perfect memories while visiting us downtown!”
Located in various businesses downtown and showcasing regional wineries, specialty food, live entertainment and the beauty of downtown at Christmas the December 13, 2014 Wine Swirl will feature:
- The Winery at Willow Creek (wine only location) at the Co-ed Shop
- Caney Creek Winery at Eilenberger’s Food Eilenberger’s
- Caudalie Crest Hog Bottom Creek Meats at Carnegie Library
- Dionisio Winery Braly’s Specialty Foods at Fringe
- Granny Muffin Wines Granny Specialty Foods at Granny Muffin
- Landon Winery at Red Fire Grille Artifacts/Redlands
- Maydelle Country Wines & Happy Monkey Farms at Hometown Girls
- Perrine Winery & Petals Florist & General Store at Pop-up Art Gallery
- Red Road Winery & O’Sweet Pea Specialty Food at O’Sweet Pea
- Sugar Ridge Winery & Chamber Surprise Food at Chamber
- Old Magnolia at Old Magnolia
- Ben E. Keith, William George & Brenda Cobble at “The Lounge @ 316” check in location 316 N. Sycamore
Live Music will be provided throughout the night by:
- Alex Graser at Old Magnolia.
- The James Warren Ensemble at Eilenberger’s.
- Loretta Callens at The Lounge @316.
- Mellow Scarecrow at the Carnegie Library.
Swirl Sponsors are Grand Reserve: Red Hat Rentals; Cabernet: Pumping Services; Merlot: Bodi Services; Chardonnay: Warren AC & Heat, Citizens National Bank and Oxbow Bakery and Antiques.
“A huge thank you goes out to our sponsors for their generosity. With their help we are able to offer a premier wine event in historic downtown. If you’re out an about this holiday season, please stop and tell them thanks!” concluded Westgate.
The Wine Swirl is a ticketed event, for information or tickets visit the Main Street website www.palestinemainstreet.org, stop by the Palestine Chamber of Commerce (401 W. Main) or the Palestine Visitor Center (825 W. Spring), or buy your tickets online at OuthouseTickets.com.
For a full list of holiday events visit www.visitpalestine.com
Palestine Main Street Wine Swirl is a joint project of the Main Street Department and the Friends of Main Street.